11 Social Media Tips in 140 Characters or Fewer
I tweet social media tips on a regular basis. For those of you who don’t follow me on Twitter or for those who missed some of my tips this week, here are 11 tips on social media (if you have any to share please post them below):
- Social Media Tip: Focus on what you love and those who love the content you create.
- Social Media Tip: A single tweet may not create a best friend but it’s a doorway to many new relationships.
- Guerrilla Social Media Tip: Nano-marketing is not just about hyper-segmentation – it’s the process of developing intimacy with people.
- Social Media Tip: Social media monitoring isn’t for keeping score it’s for deepening engagement. #scrm
- Social Media Tip: Social media monitoring allows you to have the right conversation with the right person at the right time. #scrm
- Social Media Tip: Engagement is great BUT sustained engagement will maximize ROI.
- Social Media Tip: Being the signal not the noise also means with more attention you will have more critics. It’s a sign of success.
- Social Media Tip: Your blog is for both creating and aggregating content and conversations. It’s part of an ecosystem.
- Social Media Tip: While marketing online creates profits, leadership can create legacy. Think short and long-term.
- Social Media Tip: Mobile and location based tools are growing in importance and effectiveness. Invest in learning about them.
- Social Media Tip: When writing your 2011 business plan see social media as part of the mix – there are applications in most departments.